Wednesday 10 October 2007

Framed Lottie....



I made this card for one of my best friend's birthday back in March. Mary kindly gave it back to me to put on my blog and I have to give it back to her tomorrow so here it is.....

I just tried to look for the stamp and can't find it, so one of my craft buddies must have borrowed it.... I think it was called Framed Lottie. Its a large stamp, so this card is a piece of A4 lilac cardstock folded in half. I stamped the image in purple petunia versamagic ink pad twice on lilac card. I then used a knife and cut out the inside of the frame. I added this frame to a piece of acetate and put double sided foam all around the window. I put some glitter and confetti pieces on the acetate and layered the other stamped image on top. I love the Lottie stamp, I have her by herself without the frame and she fits lovely on a 3" oval punch. I embossed the edge with a keepsake board, romance and then cut it out.

The card has an insert which I mirrored the embossed edge on as well. I added some wool down the left hand side and the card was finished after a few layers of brazzil cardstock.

I hope I have time to make another box today, but with a different style lid. I made a similiar box a couple of years ago and while I was waiting to fall asleep last night it came back to me!!!

Thanks for looking,

Jenny :-)xx

2 comments:

Mary said...

Yes jenny - I have borrowed the stamp as I was going to try and copy your lovely card. when I get the card back (I haven't had the time to do it yet anyway) I will have a closer look and 'have a go'. See you tomorrow.
Mary xx

Gabby said...

I just love my "Lottie" stamp! Isn't she beautiful? My DD loves it as well as you saw from the card she made on my blog...which BTW, thanks for stopping by! :)

 
09 10