Saturday 13 October 2007

Post it Note Holder.......

When I went to Staples the other day and emptied their shelves of stuff!!!!!......


I found this slanted sign holder and I'm sure it looks like the post it holders some clever ladies have made on the gallery of splitcoaststampers. So I thought I would try and have a go......

This is what I made this morning with it.


I used cupie pie paper, happy harmony stamp set and purely pomergranate cardstock and ink. The ribbon is the basic white which I must try and die with the reinkers! I added the tiny jump ring charm from hobbycraft. The pens are from WH Smith but they were £3.99 for 3 abit expensive... I filled the pen with a slither of cutie pie paper. You have to roll it and take the end off and put it inside.







This is the sign holder before I did anything to the poor thing.















The insert just slid in like this. I actually started with this piece of cardstock and then added all the paper to it and edged the back with cutie pie paper as well so its pretty on the back as well.

I did try and sew on this but we won't mention my efforts as they were very poor!




I stamped the message on white card and cut it out with a 2.5" oval punch and used the slot punch on each side to slide the ribbon through. I then cut out the 3" scalloped oval with a punch and added it to it.



I used some of my favourite making memories cheeky clips on the top after I slotted the whole thing inside the sign holder. Then I wrapped around the white ribbon and the charm Nothing is glued to the sign holder, so if it becomes faded if you desk is near a window, you can just make a new insert..

Where the sign holder is meant to stand up, it now lays on the desk at a slant, a perfect angle for writing on the post it notes. I added the post it note to the front with some double sided tape, so it can be replaced when it is used up.


Sorry for keep using the cutie pie paper but its all I have at the moment from Stampin Up.



Don't forget to add your comment to the Blog Candy Question further down in the blog, you have until Wednesday 17th October 9.00am.

Hope all those ladies at the portland regionals are enjoying themselves, Wish I was there!!

Have a good weekend,
Jenny :-)xx

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything on your blog is sooo cute. So much attention to details. Loved the inst. you provided as well. Keep up the great blog. I have added it to my favorites. Diane

jodene said...

I ;ove this new paper! The post it note holder is wonderful and I love the little magnets!!

 
09 10