Thursday 6 December 2007

Flaky Friends......

I had to stay in all day yesterday waiting for the cable man to come and look at our TV box as its been playing up. I brought some stuff in from my craft room as I can never hear the door go when I'm locked away in the world of craft.......as my DH calls it!

Some more boxes came from my orders so I sorted them all out, saw more lovely stuff I would love to order!!!! I can see that will be a problem Hee Hee....

For this card I played with the SU markers these are just so ........Mmm! I've always loved colouring and to have the pens match the card is brilliant. I saw on someone's blog (forgotten) which link of a link I found it but they were explaining how to make markers from the blender pens by dipping them in the reinkers. This would be fab for the in colours! Great idea.

I didn't realised you should store your pens horizontal but easy with these SU ones as they already come in the plastic storage container. Just got to reorganise my rooms to find room for them! Oh no! not again.

Back to this card - Its the Flaky Friends stamp set used on Always Artichoke and Ruby Red. After stamping the image in black, I coloured in and added some shimmering chalks for the background. I added some ribbon. The card is 14cm x 22cm scored at 14cm and folded. I used the markers for the tree, colouring straight on the stamp and used the blender pens to fill in the colours. I've never been very good with the blender pens before but I tried them again and was a bit less heavy handed with them and they didn't rub a hole in the card this time!


For this one, so simple as I have still so many to get done. I can see why some people do the Make a Stack!!

The base card is A5 folded in half in Bordering Blue cardstock. I used the snowflake embossing folder on the white before taping it down I added some ribbon. I stamped and coloured in the image again and added some more blue a couple of brads.

As the postage is being double checked this year, the ones I am posting will have to have less hardware on them than usual, as they are charging the person receiving the card extra money....


I will be doing the stamp a ma jig today, sorry its late as the light hasn't been brilliant for photos.
Thanks for looking,
Jenny:-)xx

6 comments:

wendy said...

Wow great card. I love all your cards! Very inspirational!

Momiji said...

this is really lovely ..I just love snowmen at Christmas and I love what you have done with this.
do you know of a stamp similar to that ( maybe it was from last year?) with the message 'where does the white go when the snow melts?'it has a frame round it too...

Stamping Moments said...

No very sorry I don't. xx

Shannon McGann said...

I LOVE what you've done with this set! These cards are gorgeous! I completely agree about the SU! markers - aren't they the best markers ever?! They're retiring Flaky Friends here in Canada, so I'm a little sad about that. It's one of my favourite! Thanks for sharing!

Congratulations on being Candace's featured blogger! (I hope you've seen her blog entry about you - she's on http://crazyforpapercrafts.blogspot.com)

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow beautiful cards ,the snawmen are so cute ,Dawnx

Unknown said...

Beautiful cards Jenny, i love the snowmen they are sooo cute, the colours you have used are lush!

 
09 10