Thursday 21 February 2008

Orchid Opulence........Challenges

I made these cards for a couple of Challenges over at Splitcoaststampers. The first card is the CC153 Colour Challenge - to use Pumpkin Pie, Orchid Opulence and Certainly Celery colour combination.....

The base card is 14cm x 14cm square in Certainly Celery. Then some Orchid Opulence, Whisper White and a piece of Certainly Celery Designer Paper. I added some Certainly Celery Ribbon down each side before I taped the layers down.

I added some more layers but this time turned them around to form a diamond shape. I stamped the flower 6 times and cut them out in Orchid Opulence, then added some rhinestone brads. The centre Rose was stamped 3 times in Pumpkin Pie and a different section cut out each time and layered up with 3D foam pads....



You can see the layers for the Rose in these 2 piccies.........The stamp set is Mixed Bouquet which is one offer until 29th Feb......

The Mother's Day sentiment is from the Ocassional Greetings stamp set...


This card is for the Card Sketch Challenge SC164 which Splitcoaststampers hold every Wednesday.....

The same colours were used as I had them out. The base card is half a piece of cardstock folded in half. This time I stamped the flowers 3 times and cut them out and added a rhinestone brad.

I used the sentiment Easter Wishes from the Seasonal Wishes stamp set in Pumpkin Pie.

Have a go if you are stuck for an idea or short of time.
Thanks for looking,
Jenny:-)xx

4 comments:

Mary said...

1st one - Wow, what a lovely design for the CC153 challenge and I loved the way you have done the ribbons.
2nd one - This one is really great, looks elegant and simple. I will have a go but I did notice all that Paper Pricking you put in. Good job I have the Stampin up paper piercing template etc. now.
Lovely job as always.
Mary xxx

Anonymous said...

all I can say is wowwwwwww...that just looks soo good

Anonymous said...

Oh wow, both of these cards are absolutely gorgeous!!
I read you on google/reader and just had to come over to comment on these beauties today :)
(I should do that more often...)

Anonymous said...

Jen these are goooooorgeous. Makes me want the paper piercing template all the more - hmmm - maybe I could ask for that for my birthday!! Peta

 
09 10