Wednesday 26 March 2008

Sending Happy Thoughts........

Just thought I would show you a few of the cards I made using the Simply Sent Kit - Sending Happy Thoughts.....

Its on Special Offer in April with 10% off....

The set comes complete with everything you need to make 10 cards. It includes a Stamp set of 6 die cut rubber stamps. I saw this set demonstrated at the London Open Night and feel in love with the flowers as when you stamp them, they end up looking two toned......

All I added to the kit was 3 extra sheets of cardstock, one real red, one pumpkin pie and one very vanilla. I also used my Polka Dot Background stamp.......but this is not needed just my choice.

The kit has far too much ribbon to make the card and it is doublesided ribbon so the zig zag pattern is on both sides.......

The first card is using one of the Old Olive pre scored cards that comes with the kit. The kit comes with 3 ink pads, stampin spots ones not the full sized stamp pads, but work just as well.

The Very Vanilla is 9cm x 7cm, which I stamped the sentiment stamp 3 times and added the leaves, all in Old Olive. I stamped the largest flower 3 times, 2 in Pumpkin pie and 1 in Real Red. I cut these out leaving a border around the edge and added a brad in each centre, all in the kit.
This is a close up of the flower head, you can see how lovely they stamp out.

I added some of the ribbon along the top to finish the card after I layered up the very vanilla with some pumpkin pie and real red cardstock.

I popped up the flowers with the dimensionals also in the kit.


This one is Real Red cardstock, I added this to the kit, as I love the red with the pumpkin pie.

The old olive was stamped all over with one of the flowers in the old olive inkpad.

I used the very vanilla layer and pumpkin pie layer that was in the kit already pre cut for you. I stamped the sentiment and leaved in the centre and added a popped up flower in real red. Then the ribbon was added down the side.

Such a simple quick card to make loads of......



When I was cutting up the Real Red card I added to the kit, I was left with this diddie piece which I made into a cute card....

I stamped the flower 3 times, 2 in pumpkin pie and 1 in read red. I cut one whole flower in pumpkin pie and then the other 2 I just cut the centre out and layered them up with a brad and a dimensional. I stamped the square dots, from the stamp set and layered the flower on top.

I stamped the sentiment in pumpkin pie at the bottom.

I am going to make some more using some different colours and you should know by now how I love to cut out flowers......

You love that as well don't you MARY! Lol!
Thanks for looking,
Jenny:-)xx

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

so sweet !!!

craft mad Jenny said...

they all look really great - as usual!!!

Unknown said...

Fantastic Jenny! And glad you had a great hols. See you soon :)

Tricia T said...

Such pretty, pretty cards!

Unknown said...

These are gorgeous Jenny

I have awarded you, pop over to my blog to accept it!!!

Hugs

Alex xx

Diane said...

Wow those are beautiful,especially the last one!!

Tara said...

these cards are sooo cute!! I love the colors!

Anonymous said...

So elegant and simple. Super colours - as ever. Peta

Mikaela Titheridge said...

What gorgeous cards Jenny and stylish colours, I love them! .... All my craft stuff is boxed up ready for my move, so I'm just getting my crafting fix by surfing a few blogs ... so thanks for keeping me going :o) x

Mary said...

What an array of lovely cards. I would love this set especially as I fell in love with those flower stamps in London as well. They really are great.
Mary xxx

Anonymous said...

ahh they are so pretty, glad you enjoyed your easter break.

xx Mo

Jo said...

Wonderful cards Jenny and the colours are gorgeous!

 
09 10