Monday 18 August 2008

SU Tag Punches.........

This Monday I wanted to share with you a few ideas I have been using the 2 Stampin Up Tag Punches for.......

This first card and tag is using with the Terrific Tag stamp set, in Ballet Blue, Real Red and whisper white cardstock. The ink is ballet blue and some dazzling diamonds glitter to finish. This idea is great for using up small bits of ribbon that would normally end up in the bin, SAVE them and put them behind punches. I just glued these ribbons, but also using staples to hold it in place also looks nice.

The tiny tag for a present is made by folding a piece of cardstock and punching the tag slightly to one side of the folded line. You can then write a message on the inside like a tiny card!
The basecard in Ballet Blue is 10.5cm x 21cm folded in half to make a square card. I used the snow flurries stamp set to decorate a piece of whisper white 10cm x 2.5, stamping them in Pretty in Pink and Ballet Blue. This time I added the eyelet to the tag punches to thread the taffeta Pretty in Pink ribbon through. I like Pink Christmas cards.
I used a tag with a Jumbo eyelet on this Pizza box. The large punch gives just enough edge of cardstock when its mounted to the smaller tag.
For this card, I did this for one of my classes, A Suspension card using the Large Tag punch and then the small tag punch. You can see step by step photos for making suspension cards on Splitcoast stampers site, Beate has done a great tutorial using the circle punches, but it works just as well with the tag punches.

Also the tag punches can be using to make a Tag Star, see previous posts around christmas time last year for these.

These are just a few ideas, if you use the tag punches for another idea, PLEASE leave a comment to share with everyone,

Thanks for looking,
Jenny:-)xx

8 comments:

Lorraine said...

Great use of the Tag punches, lovely colours, beautiful cards.

Hayley said...

gorgeous cards - i'm so glad mt tag stamp set has just arrived and I can try these out myself!
thanks
x

Lavender Rose said...

These are all wonderful cards. I especially like the first one and the lovely olive green card, beautiful!

Rhonda Kelly said...

These are fabulous! I have both of those punches so I will have to give them try. I am loving the suspension cards! Too cute. Thanks for sharing.

Janette said...

Hi Jenny,

I have used the tag punches both large and small layered together and folded in half used like a *clip* over the edges of cards held with 2 brads or make holes and use ribbon.
I will have to try and make one and show :)
Hugs
Janette x

Janette said...

Oooh just thought of another one.
Use the punch and fold it to make a little purse that could either hold a message or just be an accent on a girly card :)
Hugs
Janette

Fiorella said...

Wonderful cards!!! I don't have any of those punches and use the scissors...always! :-((

Anonymous said...

hmmmmm been contemplating getting these two punches - this post has just pushed that wish up a few more notches. Super cards Jen. thanks Peta x

 
09 10